First Aid Handbook: How to Heal from Wilderness Accidents (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Do you spend a lot of time outdoors? Do you enjoy common outdoor activities such as camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, or just getting some fresh air? Many people do, and many people have seen the survival stories of those faced with extreme injuries in the wild. However, the overarching response is that those emergencies don't happen to everyday people. That couldn't be further from the truth.
In this book, you'll learn about the most common wilderness injuries and how to treat or address them while you're in the wild.
In this book you'll learn:
- How to determine the seriousness of common injuries such as cuts, head trauma, broken bones, and much more.
- How to treat burn and freeze injuries in extreme environments.
- Ways to determine if a person is drowning and how to respond.
- What it takes to assess serious injuries on the spot.
- Different methods for treating commonplace injuries with limited resources.
- How to go through common, but often unexpected struggles in the wild, including foodborne illness, sickness, and allergies.