The Budget Friendly Renal Diet Cookbook: Manage Chronic Kidney Disease and Avoid Dialysis with 100 Easy to Prepare and Delicious Meals Low in Sodium, (Hardcover)
★★★This is the black & white edition★★★
★★★The color edition is also available for purchase★★★
Are you looking for a budget-friendly renal diet recipe to help you manage your chronic kidney disease and avoid dialysis? Or are you currently undergoing dialysis treatment and looking for a renal diet cookbook with meals that are recommended for dialysis as well as easy to prepare and delicious? If so, then read on...
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 37million adults in the US have been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, which is also estimated to have affected about 10 percent of the world's population with millions of people at increased risk without even knowing it. If you have been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease (CKD), then you are not alone, nor do you have to go through the process all by yourself. Although kidney disease diagnosis can be overwhelming at first, nonetheless, with proper dietary choices and guidelines, you can manage the disease and slow its progression without having to undergo dialysis treatment or transplant. Renal diets can also be delicious and flavorful, meaning you don't have to subject yourself to eating bland foods. In the Budget-Friendly Renal Diet Cookbook, registered dietitian and author, Rowena Saunders, provides you with invaluable nuggets to help prolong your kidney function through smart dietary choices aimed at slowing the progression of your CKD to ultimately prevent end-stage renal disease, dialysis, or a kidney transplant. Or perhaps you are currently undergoing dialysis treatment, not to worry because this book is armed with 100 handpicked delicious recipes that cover people diagnosed with CKD non-dialysis as well as people receiving dialysis treatment.
In this book, I would:
- Shed more light on CKD, and how it can be managed through diet therapy
- Enlighten you on what foods to eat, limit or avoid, and what you should do to ensure you consume the right amount of sodium, potassium, and phosphorus
- Help you manage your CKD non-dialysis with handpicked renal diet meals that are not only low in sodium, potassium, and phosphorus but also delicious with easy-to-follow recipes and graphical images to complement each meal
- Provide dietary choices and recommendations that accommodate people with end-stage renal disease or people on dialysis treatment as well as those with diabetes
- Provide you with quick tips you can adapt to modify certain recipe to suit your specific dietary needs
- Provide you with the nutritional information of each meal servings, as well as the recommended serving size to help you measure the quantity to be served in other to stay within the prescribed nutrient limit
- Educate you on certain dietary information needed to make the best meal preparation decisions such as foods low and high in sodium, potassium, and phosphorus
...And much more
Your decision to overcome this phase of your health to get your kidney function and overall wellbeing in good shape has led you to this book. If you are determined and ready to get the hang of what meals and tips are suitable to help you not only prolong the functioning of your kidneys but also help in dialysis treatment and management of diabetes, then get this book right away.