Neurosurgery Case Review: Questions and Answers (Paperback)
A practical case-based review for neurosurgical oral board preparation
An ideal resource for board exam preparation, this review distills the essentials of neurosurgery in a user-friendly question and answer format. Divided into three main sections, this text presents a comprehensive collection of cases covering intracranial pathology, spinal and peripheral nerve pathology, and neurology. Each chapter opens by detailing the clinical presentation of a problem frequently encountered in everyday practice followed by a list of questions and answers designed to test the reader's knowledge of diagnostic techniques, imaging, surgical indications, treatment options, potential complications, and outcomes.
- Contributions from internationally recognized authorities in the main subspecialties of neurosurgery, including neurosurgical oncology, skull base surgery, vascular neurosurgery, spine surgery, pediatric neurosurgery, peripheral nerve surgery, and epilepsy surgery
- Succinct bullet-point format and consistent presentation in each chapter for rapid review of essential concepts
- Detailed coverage of common and rare neurologic pathologies
- More than 380 high-quality images, including 76 full-color illustrations that demonstrate important concepts
- Valuable references to current evidence-based scientific data This book is an indispensable tool for neurosurgeons, residents, and fellows preparing for their oral board or recertification examinations.
With its highly accessible presentation, this book will also be a valuable refresher for clinicians and a useful reference for students preparing for rounds.
About the Author
Dept of Neurosurgery, Neuroscience Center King Fahd Medical City, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
A unique comprehension of essential neurosurgical cases...case-related questions and answers for rapid review.--Central European Neurosurgery