Powder and Patch (Historical Romances #6) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Historical Romances series.
- #1: The Black Moth (Historical Romances #1) (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: Simon the Coldheart: A Tale of Chivalry and Adventure (Historical Romances #2) (Paperback): $18.99
- #3: These Old Shades (Historical Romances #3) (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: The Masqueraders (Historical Romances #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: Beauvallet (Historical Romances #5) (Paperback): $16.99
- #7: The Conqueror: A Novel of William the Conqueror, the Bastard Son Who Overpowered a Kingdom and the Woman Who Melted His Heart (Historical Romances #7) (Paperback): $19.99
- #8: Devil's Cub (Historical Romances #8) (Paperback): $17.99
- #9: An Infamous Army: A Novel of Wellington, Waterloo, Love and War (Historical Romances #9) (Paperback): $20.99
Georgette Heyer, bestselling author and the Queen of Regency Romance, delights readers with this charming story of a heroine who learns a valuable lesson about being careful what she wishes for.
For her, he would do anything...
Plainspoken country gentleman Philip Jettan won't bother with a powdered wig, high heels, and fashionable lace cuffs, until he discovers that his lovely neighbor is enamored with a sophisticated man-about-town...
But what is it that she really wants?
Cleone Charteris sends her suitor Philip away to get some town polish, and he comes back with powder, patches, and all the manners of a seasoned rake. Does Cleone now have exactly the kind of man she's always wanted, or was her insistence on Philip's remarkable transformation a terrible mistake?
What readers say:
Georgette Heyer is unbeatable --Sunday Telegraph
Charming, charming, charming. And highly readable
Witty dialogue and well-developed storylines--even Jane Austen could do no better.
Scintillating and very human love story by an author of exceptional talents.
Ms Heyer's effervescent wit and obvious ability to tell a good and humorous story is already evident, making Powder and Patch an enjoyable and worthwhile read.
About the Author
The late Georgette Heyer was a very private woman. Her historical novels have charmed and delighted millions of readers for decades, though she rarely reached out to the public to discuss her works or private life. It is known that she was born in Wimbledon in August 1902, and her first novel, The Black Moth, was published in 1921. Heyer published 56 books over the next 53 years, until her death from lung cancer in 1974. Heyer's large volume of works included Regency romances, mysteries and historical fiction. Known also as the Queen of Regency romance, Heyer was legendary for her research, historical accuracy and her extraordinary plots and characterizations. Her last book, My Lord John, was published posthumously in 1975. She was married to George Ronald Rougier, a mining engineer, and they had one son together, Richard.