Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review, Fourth Edition (Paperback)
Note to Readers: Publisher does not guarantee quality or access to any included digital components if book is purchased through a third-party seller.
Praise for the Third Edition:
"The author has done it again, producing an excellent, concise resource that provides clinicians with an optimal solution for studying for the written board examination. (c) Doody's Review Service, 2015, Alan Anschel, MD (Shirley Ryan AbilityLab)
This fourth edition of the incomparable review bible for the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Examination has been thoroughly updated to reflect current practice and the core knowledge tested on the exam. Recognized for its organization, consistency, and clarity through editions, the book distills the essentials and provides focused reviews of all major PM&R topics including stroke, traumatic brain injury, musculoskeletal medicine, spinal cord injuries, pain management, and more. Every chapter in the fourth edition has been rigorously evaluated and refreshed to ensure that the information is accurate and up to date. Sections on cancer treatment and rehabilitation, rheumatologic disease, and ultrasound have been significantly upgraded to incorporate new board requirements and changes in criteria for diagnosis and management.
Written in outline format for easy access to information, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review, Fourth Edition is modeled on the content blueprint for the Self-Assessment Examination for Residents (SAE-R) used by residents nationwide. Board pearls are indicated with an open-book icon to highlight key concepts and flag important clinical and board-eligible aspects of each topic. The topics are divided into major subspecialty areas written by author teams with clinical expertise in the subject and reviewed by senior specialists in each area. More than 500 signature illustrations--now with color added--clarify and reinforce concepts. In addition to its proven value as the primary resource for Board preparation and MOC, the book is also a trusted clinical reference for day-to-day practice needs.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated to reflect current practice and core knowledge tested on Boards
- Significant upgrades to ultrasound content
- Expanded sections on cancer treatments and rehabilitation along with rheumatologic guidelines and treatments, including new criteria for diagnosis
- Addition of color to highlight artwork and content areas
- Purchase includes access to the ebook for use on most mobile devices and computers
- Board Pearls are highlighted with an open-book icon to flag key concepts and stress high-yield aspects of each topic
- Covers all topics on the content outline for the Self-Assessment Examination for Residents (SAE-R) used by residents nationwide
- Authored by physicians with special interest and expertise in their respective areas and reviewed by senior specialists in those areas
- Organizes information in outline format and by topic for easy reference
- Includes over 500 detailed illustrations to clarify concepts
- Provides updated epidemiologic and statistical data throughout