Pocket Guide to the Operating Room (Paperback)
- This guide was written for perioperative nurses, surgical technologists, and students in these disciplines.
- Features extensive coverage of minimal access surgery, including endoscopic procedures for multiple specialties, microsurgical techniques, and instrumentation for these procedures.
- Updates the section on anesthesia and anesthetic drugs.
- Describes equipment and instrument trays, including pediatric trays.
- Addresses the roles of the registered nurse and the surgical technologist in the perioperative environment.
- Provides charting/documentation of care to comply with medicolegal requirements.
- Includes a Surgical Assessment and Perioperative Checklist, and a Preoperative Care Plan adaptable to the individual patient, complete with areas that focus on nursing care and desired outcomes.
- Fits in a lab coat pocket for immediate reference.
- Offers a Bibliography that provides sources for additional reading, including websites.