Pediatric Primary Care (Hardcover)
Get an in-depth look at pediatric primary care through the eyes of a Nurse Practitioner Pediatric Primary Care, 6th Edition guides readers through the process of assessing, managing, and preventing health problems in infants, children, and adolescents. Key topics include developmental theory, issues of daily living, the health status of children today, and diversity and cultural considerations. This sixth edition also features a wealth of new content and updates - such as a new chapter on pediatric pharmacology, full-color design and illustrations, new QSEN integration, updated coverage of the impact of the Affordable Care Act, a refocused chapter on practice management, and more - to keep readers up to date on the latest issues affecting practice today.Comprehensive content provides a complete foundation in the primary care of children from the unique perspective of the Nurse Practitioner and covers the full spectrum of health conditions seen in the primary care of children, emphasizing both prevention and management. In-depth guidance on assessing and managing pediatric health problems covers patients from infancy through adolescence.Four-part organization includes 1) an introductory unit on the foundations of global pediatric health, child and family health assessment, and cultural perspectives for pediatric primary care; 2) a unit on managing child development; 3) a unit on health promotion and management; and 4) a unit on disease management. Content devoted to issues of daily living covers issues that are a part of every child's growth - such as nutrition and toilet training - that could lead to health problems unless appropriate education and guidance are given. Algorithms are used throughout the book to provide a concise overview of the evaluation and management of common disorders. Resources for providers and families are also included throughout the text for further information.Expert editor team well is well-versed in the scope of practice and knowledge base of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (PNPs) and Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs).NEW Updated content throughout reflects the latest developments in our understanding of disease processes, disease management in children, and current trends in pediatric healthcare.NEW Chapter on prescribing pediatric medications emphasizes the unique needs of children in pharmacotherapy.NEW Practice Alerts highlight situations that may require urgent action, consultation, or referral for additional treatment outside the primary care setting.NEW Full-color design and illustrations improve usability and learning. NEW Graduate-level QSEN integration:
- Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) is now introduced in the Preface.
- The QSEN Safety competency is now emphasized via the new Practice Alert highlights and integration of National Patient Safety Goals and Core Measures.
- The Informatics competency is addressed with new informatics content in a refocused Strategies for Managing a Pediatric Health Care Practice chapter.
- The Teamwork and Collaboration competency is addressed by new content on the trending topic of interprofessional collaboration, also in the Strategies for Managing a Pediatric Health Care Practice chapter.
- The Evidence-Based Practice competency is integrated through icons that reference evidence-based guidelines.